Running for the Black Dog Institute

This September 18th, I'm running over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It's a 9 km run as part of the Blackmores Running Festival - yes, some people are doing a marathon but you've got to start where you are! I'm coming back from injury and doing this run for 2 reasons - first, to prove to myself that I can, and second, to raise money for the Black Dog Institute. They do great work in mental health, particularly depression and bipolar disorder. You can donate here - help me blitz my target of $1,000!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Procrasti-Yoga


Today, instead of running - and instead of working  (thanks to Rob Hart for the procrastiprefix) - I did a yoga class at the gym in Woy Woy. First one in years. 

This awesome woman is not me but you can read about her here. Her name is Bette Calman, she's 83 and teaches yoga!

Anyway, I'm not a patch on Bette but loved the yoga. Very different from the ashtanga I've tried in the past, and the room was utterly devoid of pretentiousness, which was nice. My fankles* liked it too.

*fat ankles

No comments:

Post a Comment